Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The I am in me

     Recently I have been going through alot of changes regarding my spirit self. I have been encouraged and challenged by God and a few motivational peers to accept and fully love myself. This has been eye opening. I didn't realize how much I was putting myself through the ringer. I have often struggled with standing up for myself and feeling secure in who I have become through Christ. I was speaking to the Lord about this and I had a moment of revelation. 
     My first tormenting question I had in my head growing up and through most of my young life was "Who or what Am I ?" I remember as a child this thought would haunt  me because I had no idea where I came from or why I was here in this place. After I gave my heart to the Lord he starting filling in the missing pieces of that question. I was so relieved and fulfilled when this question stopped haunting me and started defining me. I am a child of the Most High. I am a daughter of the risen king. I am loved and adored by the maker of the universe. Wow! This is awesome. With some time I became more and more comfortable in my new identity. 
     Just the other day as I was speaking to the Lord , I was tempted to once again put myself down and question who I am. After negative comments made to me by family members I was so quick to abandon my place in the kingdom out of insecurities that maybe what these people are saying is true. 
     God said this to me . My name is  "I AM".  When you choose to put that what or who in front of my name you are creating a space and satan will try to fill that space with his ideas. When you say " I hate or dislike who I am" you are taking my name and stealing from it, but when you say things like " I love who I am " or " I like who I am " then you are  joining yourself to me in all it's fullness. What a sneaky enemy we have. That satan would steal away from God's authority by simply having me question who I am... I am who he says I am. Me as a person is me plus him in all his goodness. I am happy. I am well. I am loved. I am confident. I am with self control and patience. I am Julie. ( Notice that this little sentence is more than just sharing or stating my name, It is my name but first it is His Name) Thank you Lord. I shall never use your name to question anything about myself again. I praise you the Great I AM !!! And I am so thankful that when defining myself I first get to state your great name. I am ok. I am successful. I am making an impact. I am here on purpose. I Am free to be me .

2 comments:

  1. thanks Renee,, and yes you are one the motivational peers i refer to in this post. I have come to really value your wisdom, your opinion and your openness to share.

    ReplyDelete