Friday, August 8, 2014

Fireworks Brought Me New Perspective

        I have loved living in Hampton , Va for the past 4 years. I have enjoyed the pleasure of being a season pass holder at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. I recently cancelled my membership due to our up coming move to Carlisle, PA. Last night Jade and her friend Harmony decided to tag along to my one last trip to Busch Gardens. I love the roller coasters. The excitement of it all. I get scared every time I get on one and I am on the edge the whole time. I love it . It keeps me young.
        Every summer Busch Gardens does a really big and amazing firework show. We wanted to see it. If you are on the wrong side of the park you will not be able to see the fireworks due to the very tall trees. We were on the wrong side of the park 10 mins till the start. We were walking so fast almost jogging pass people , weaving in and out of folks. We made it to the front for perfect view just in time. The display of sparkly fire in the darkened sky is so beautiful. The sounds they make are so loud. The booms and the pops of the fireworks itself is an experience. I was lost in childhood fantasy all over again looking at those beautiful shapes in the sky, until I realized one thing.
        There are people somewhere in this world right now at this very moment running pass the crowd. They are not running too anything though they are running away. Right now at this moment there are people whom hear the big bags and booms but it is not because of fireworks it is because of war. How similar my story is to theirs but mine is in different realm of existence. America the Land of the Free. I was so humbled and fell deeper into  appreciation for my country. I thanked Jesus for our freedom and I prayed for peace in the world. My life is not perfect. I try to always keep a fresh perspective or else I could find so many reasons to dislike it. I don't have everything I want but then again I don't even know if I know what I want. I am thankful for what I have and after last night , being ministered to by  a majesty of fireworks I am with a fresh new touch of feeling blessed and highly favored. I must always allow him to show me things over and over again in a new way. I am living my life the best I know how and Jesus is my friend. I will pray for those who can't say they are living their lives because in their reality they are trying to survive their life. Pray !

No comments:

Post a Comment