Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Leather Jacket Testimony

            God has given me so many reasons to fall in love with him. This one particular testimony is about my leather jacket. Back in the day when Bubble~up was alive and we were doing our Gangsta thang I had a job at a local store where they had a post office. One day a lady came in and tried to drop off a big box that was delivered to her but did not belong to her. I informed the lady there was a $5 drop off fee and she wouldn't be able to leave the box without paying the fee. She was so mad she just dropped the box and walked out. I took the box to my car and decided it was going to be mine whatever was inside of it . Man when I got home I was so happy because inside the box was little leather jacket , trench coat, long and smooth with classy buttons down the front. It was my size and I loved it. I wore that jacket everywhere I went when we were playing the game. That jacket became my statement piece and everyone would always say Jewels the one with the black jacket. I loved that jacket. I felt like at that time it was a gift from the game.
           After many years of being in the game and almost loosing my life a few times I desperatly cried out to God. I asked him if he could get me out I would turn over my life to him. He answered my prayer and saved me from death, prison, disease. I was extracted from my destruction and set upon a safe place and He began to restore my life. After I had been married for a year and having my son Tj God called me into my closet of the new home Tony had just bought for our new family. God told me in my heart to throw that leather jacket away. It shouldn't even be in my present day closet being longed for by me because it was when i was skinny. That the jacket represented the old me and I would never need it again. I couldn't bring myself to do it . I walked away from the closet.
          Time went before one day I found myself in the kitchen and I could hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me about that Jacket. God wanted it out . I longed so badly for God to be close that I decided to listen this time and I ran to the closet and grabbed the jacket. It was trash day in El Mirage, Az and I could hear the truck on our street. I had the jacket in my hands and my heart was pounding so hard. I loved this jacket, it had so many memories of my old life attached to it. Okay God , I trust you. I ran to the curb and tossed the jacket inside the can. Moments later the truck was at my house and the jacket was now gone forever. My heart was pounding as i slowly walked into my house and starting thinking of what I had just done in the early morning hours , thinking it was God talking to me.
            The following morning the doorbell rang and I didn't know who it could be. When I answered the door there was this really cute , bubbly , Latina chicka named Annette standing there. She had a leather jacket in her arms. She introduced herself as Annette and she was my new neighbor. She wanted to let me know she had moved in and that she saw me and realized that this brand new leather jacket that she had come across was just my size. She wanted to give it to me as a gift and wanted to know if we could be friends. I am still friends with Annette to this day. She is a special friend to me because God brought us together. God at that time was flooding my whole street with his presence and people were being drawn together and becoming a story of grace. This is one of the examples of how he did so. This is my testimony. God asked me to get rid of something and then he replaced it with some better. My new leather jacket was beautiful, fur lined and was the perfect size.

No comments:

Post a Comment