Monday, July 15, 2013

Poem for Trayvon Martin

These words are for a boy I never knew
Despite being a stranger my heart grew
My love for him has overgrown faster than any
Is it because his face represents so many
It was you young man and not me
Some say this truth should set me free
You being you could of easily been untrue
It could have been anyone , we don’t have a clue
To have our number called in complete random fashion
To die in some other’s moment of passion
What justice did they do by letting him go
Little of you did they know
Yet so much grace for the one with breath
Forgetting that he   first caused a death
I am sorry for you young man
As long as I live I will have y ou in my heart when I stand
Stand against what wrongs have been done
You Trayvon are also my son
I will never put a hoodie on again
Without first recognizing Zimmerman’s sin
He hated you before he saw your face
If he saw in you what the world does now there would have been no chase
Your mom and Dad is now on my mind
Peace I hope they find
But if they don’t I wont say anything bad
For what happened to you my son is bigger than sad
It was wrong and evil the way you left
You did what was right and tried your best.
The day you joined the Savior’s side

Is also the day a piece of America died. 

1 comment: